You will need:
2 pounds lamb meat, cut in medium chunks
1 pound fresh okra (or frozen)
3 big fresh tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 medium onion, chopped
6 garlic gloves, finely minced
6 tablespoon veg. oil
salt and pepper
4 cups water
- Prepare okra by cutting the tops off. Rinse well and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan (if you have an oven/stove top pan that will better) over medium high heat. Add chopped onions and saute for few minutes until they are gold.
- Add meat to the pan and brown them, turning constantly, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. You do not need to cook it thoroughly because it will cook further in the oven. Transfer the meat to a baking pot.
- In the same saucepan that contains the remaining onions and fat from meat, add okra and saute for few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir well. Add water, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Let it boil for few minutes. Add to the meat in the baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoon to a small frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until they are gold. Add immediately to the okra and cover the baking pot right away so the mix absorbs all the garlic smell and put the pot in the oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until meat is fully cooked.
- Serve with rice.