Pages

7/12/2010

Home design - Living room

We bought our current house in Spring 2009. It's the first time we own a house here in the states. Since we have bought it I'm trying to add my own character to every space in it.

Starting from today I will be sharing with you some of the things I have done to my house. I still have a lot to do, so it's gonna be a good chance to also show you some of the new designs I'm making.

The first thing we did when we moved in was repainting. I started with the living room and the kitchen. I then finished the whole first level. I'm still working on the second level; I have the baby's room and my bedroom left.

The wall in this picture is the TV wall in the living room. I recently bought those two shelves from Lowes and put some old pictures for the girls on them. As you see the room color is green (like pistachios color). I tried to add some colorful accents like those orange and red vases to give that warm feeling.


Now tell me how do you like this part in my living room. I will be posting more pictures for my home designs soon, so stay tuned :) I will love to hear your opinions!

3 comments:

  1. i love the TV on the wall and the pictures of your girls close by. But didn't like the clock and vases below, i think it will distract me a bit, but that's me.

    May your home be filled with love, happiness and great memories :)

    and waiting for your coming posts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your home:) I like the shelves, the TV, and the green color, it's my favorite wall color. But I think that the white vase doesn't go with the other colors, just my thought. I like how it looks though. But the whole scene is nice.

    I'm busy with decorating our house too. We bought our house just 2 months ago. It's also our first house in the US. Decorating is fun, isn't it? Please keep posting pictures so I can steal some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wafa',
    I totally agree about the clock, but it the only thing that telling me the time in the living room :) I still need to work on the tv stand. I will post a picture when it's all ready. Thanks for commenting! May your life be filled with happiness as well.

    Ohoud,

    You're right about the vases, I need to do something about them! I will keep posting pictures and I will be glad to know what do you think :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name. Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...