Pages

4/07/2010

Spring break and more!

Spring is finally here! It's really warm and nice these days. It hit 85 degrees yesterday!! I was desperately looking for spring after that LONG winter. We were lucky to have a warm spring break last week. The spring break started on Wednesday. My older daughter went back to school yesterday. It was really nice to have a break, and to have extra sleep in the morning :)

During the spring break, the girls and I had a full schedule. It was a good chance to hang out with our friends. The girls had so much fun with the other kids and I had the chance to sit and chat with my friends. I have been busy for the last couple of months that I barely was able to meet with them, so it was a nice reunion.

On Friday, my husband took a one day vacation, and we all went on a road trip to DC. It's a bout 4 hours away from our place. It was one of the places on my list to visit since we have moved to PA two years ago. One of my favorite things about living here is that we have a variety of options of things to do, and too many close places to visit by car. Before moving to PA, I used to live in AR. I lived there for 6.5 years. Living in AR was like living in the middle of no where! I can't deny that I loved Fayetteville, and that I had great times there. Still, the nearest place to go was 5+ hours by car, and the choices were not that fascinating.

Anyway, we had too much fun in DC. It was so busy though because of the Cherry Blossom Festival. We went early in the morning Friday, spent the night, and came back late Saturday. Here are some pictures from our trip to DC.




Talking about Fayetteville brought some nice memories. One of the things I miss there is the Masjid (Mosque). We used to meet every Friday in the Masjid for a Dars. For me, it was like a girls night out (oh yeah, in the Masjid:)). But it was really one of my favorite things to do every week. After the Dars, we used to have fun talking about different subjects while eating some good food. Also some of the friends I really miss there are my Saudi friends. I got to meet some awesome Saudi ladies who I really enjoyed. I enjoyed everything about them, i.e. the coffee they drink all the time, the gathering in the middle of the night, etc.

I think that's it for now. I have a facial appointment in 15 minutes and I need to get ready!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name. Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...